Fremont County School District No. 2

Frequently Asked Questions

When it comes to raising children, questions come with the territory! We’ve put together the answers to the questions we hear the most so you can get the information you need 24-7. If we haven’t answered your question here, please give us a call. We’re always happy to help.

How do I enroll my child at Fremont County School District?

We are thrilled to welcome new members to our community! Please visit our Registration page for the information about enrolling your child at one of our schools. You may also download and print a copy of the registration forms and bring the completed forms, together with the required documentation, to the district office.

Back to Top

Does the school offer breakfast and lunch?

We offer a nutritious breakfast and lunch to students every day. We also participate in the federal free and reduced-price lunch program for those who qualify. For more information or to apply for free/reduced meals, please see our Food Services page.

Back to Top

What if my child requires medication during the school day?

We will administer medication in accordance with state regulations and with physician and parental approval. All medication, both prescription and over-the-counter, must be in the original container. If your child requires medication during school hours, please read the school’s medication policy on our Student Health page.

Back to Top

Do you provide transportation services?

We are pleased to provide our students with safe, reliable transportation to and from school each day. We consider bus riding a privilege and expect all students to adhere to the rules for their own safety as well as the safety of others. For information on bus policies, schedules, and routes, please visit our Transportation page.

Back to Top

What are the school hours?

School hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Visit the Our School page for additional information about school hours and class schedules.

Back to Top

What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school?

If your child must miss school, please call the school office on the day of his/her absence. For information about attendance requirements and what qualifies as an excused absence, please refer to our student handbook.

Back to Top

Does Fremont County School District have a dress code?

We expect students to dress appropriately when they are in school or participating in school activities. The school administration establishes rules concerning dress to ensure student dress meets the standards of cleanliness, healthfulness, and safety and does not disrupt the educational process. In general, students may not wear:

  • Clothing that creates an offensive environment by displaying slogans, objects, or pictures that are sexually suggestive or promote the use of drugs, alcohol, or gang activity
  • Immodest clothing that is sexually offensive
  • Unsanitary clothing that poses a health concern

For more information about the dress code, read the student handbook.

Back to Top

Can my child bring a cell phone or other electronic devices to school?

Students may not use cell phones or other non-district, electronic devices during the school day. To best support our students in complying with this policy, FCSD#2 is partnering with a company called Yondr to provide secure storage pouches for student devices. Students must power off any personal device and store all devices in Yondr pouches upon entering the building. Students retain possession of their locked phones throughout the school day. Teachers are able to instruct and students learn without cellular distraction. Upon exiting the school, student phones/devices are unlocked, and they are free to use their devices to coordinate transportation and contact family members. Students are permitted to bring the following communication/electronic devices, provided they fit in the Yondr pouches: cell phones, ipods or music players, smart watches, and headphones.

Back to Top