Our Business Services Department handles everything from payables to purchasing. We take our responsibility to manage taxpayer funds very seriously and conduct all business with integrity and transparency. We are happy to answer your questions or provide you with the information you need. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Receipts & Deposits
- Complete Activity Fund Deposit Slip to account for money collected from the activity. The student or sponsor signs the form. We highly recommend that the activity sponsor maintain separate revenue/expenditure records. Please read the current list of FCSD2 Activity Funds. They are sorted by account number or description.
- Count and send money to Business Department office for a receipt along with the Activity Fund Deposit Slip to the Business Department office. The business office will receipt the money and send a copy of the receipt back to the activity sponsor. (If the amount does not match, we will return the money and the deposit slip to the activity sponsor for recount/reconciliation.)
- Business office will deposit the money into the bank.
- Business office will update the general ledger from the fund's receipt.
- Business office will distribute the activity fund reports to the activity sponsors. (If the revenues/expenditures do not match the sponsors’ records, please contact the Business Department for reconciliation/correction.)
Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) require that (1) money is counted twice (by separate individuals) before deposit and (2) person counting the money is not the person depositing the money into the bank.
The same process is used for lunch receipts. Replace "Activity Fund Deposit Slip" and "'Activity Fund Reports" with "Lunch Fund Deposit Slip" and "Lunch Fund Reports." Please contact the Business Department for instructions regarding the receipt/deposit of money from other funds.